We would like to assure you that we take your information and privacy very seriously. The following is a description of what we do and don't do with your details.
|Information you provide us
|What are cookies?
- 1. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that are placed on your computer's hard drive through your web browser.
- 2. Cookies enable our systems to recognise your browser and welcome you back to the Store.
- 3. By disabling cookies, you may not be able to participate in some of the features offered by Lensplanet.com
- 4. Most Internet browsers are pre-set to accept cookies. If you prefer not to receive cookies, you can adjust your Internet browser to disable or to warn you when cookies are used. As there are many browsers in the marketplace, the easiest way to change your settings is by searching for Cookies in your Help/Contents and Index option on your browser.
- 5. We recommend that you leave your Cookies enabled for the best shopping experience with us.
- 6. Our cookies don't send us back any information about your computer or any other information on your hard drive.
|How do we use this information
Information that you have provided us will be used in three ways:
- 1. To enhance your shopping experience.
- 2. To communicate to you new products and services and also at times, the opportunity to up take on special promotions or offers. You have the option to opt-out of this communication by replying to the communication with an unsubscribe message or to change your preferences through My Account.
- 3. To generate a holistic but anonymous view of the Lensplanet.com customer base. This information will allow us to analyse trends and demographics to help Lensplanet.com improve on the services provided.
- 4. It is important to note that we only send periodical communications to people who have "opted in" to receive it. We do not set out to "spam" our members in any way and honour their right to privacy.
|Disclosing your information
- 1. Partners Third party companies and individuals have been engaged to perform functions on behalf of Lensplanet.com. Functions such as fulfilling and delivery of purchases, credit card payment authorisation, trend analysis, marketing and promotions, but all information will only be used to perform their appropriate functions and not for other usage.
- 2. Authorities Lensplanet.com will pass on any information relating to suspected fraudulent activity to appropriate authorities
- 3. Partner Stores With organizations that we operate but do not own, your information will be shared with that business. Please note, that we only go into partnerships with stores who have the same regard to Privacy as we do.
- 4. Industry Groups From time to time we provide statistical information about sales, trading patterns and navigation techniques to reputable third parties. This may comprise data collected about you and other users to form aggregate results. However, we will not provide any direct personal information that identifies you as our customer.
- 5. Verification of Members We do use various details to verify information given to us by our members. At times, we use:
- 6.Names on member accounts to compare with information on credit cards
- 7. We use member phone numbers and email addresses provided to us to communicate with customers about payments
- 8. We use member addresses to check against credit card billing addresses etc .
- 9. In cases where fraud or other crime is suspected, we do communicate with Police, Banks and other relevant authorities
- 10. Many of these checks are done manually and communication is handled carefully by a member of Lensplanet.com's own Customer Experience team.
|LOST LOGIN AND PASSWORD DETAILS
All information is kept private. Many members often forget details such as their passwords. We do not distribute these via telephone. It will only be emailed to the member at the email ID provided during registration.